Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I miss the rain...

It's August, and I'm parched. As a native Oregonian, it is my solemn right and responsibility to demand a rainy day. I want to feel raindrops hitting my outstretched hands, big fat ones that sting a little and leave enough water on my fingers to cause drips off the bottom edges. I want to feel sideways rain and upside-down rain and rain so hard you can't see through it. I want to look out my window and not be able to tell a difference between the color of the concrete and the color of the sky. I want to dance in the rain, kiss in the rain, and sing in the rain. All at the very same moment. Yeah, I've got it bad.

2 comments:

Eric Betts said...

The sign of a true Oregonian. I know how you feel :)

MissKris said...

I grew up on the border of the Olympic Rain Forest. The rain amount here in Portland has never bothered me. It must've rained 300 days out of the year where I grew up. We had a lovely shower thru the nite hours last nite and it was absolutely heavenly going out to walk the dog this morning, everything was so fresh and clean! Hopefully you got a bit of rain, too!