Monday, August 25, 2008

An Ode to Free Weekends

I remember a time in my life where I'd have month after month with no plans. Every weekend was free, and I could do whatever I wanted (as long as it included staying at home and sitting in front of the TV or computer). But as I've progressed into the exciting (and expensive) realm of adulthood, I've found my free weekends becoming more and more scarce. In June, I actually had to break out a calendar and plot my plans for every weekend through Labor Day so that I didn't double-book anything. Throughout the entire summer, I only had two weekends with nothing planned ahead. Between weddings, bridal showers, and family events, I'm well socialized now!

As summer draws to a close, however, until the holidays, my weekends are looking more available. Which is good: I have projects aplenty to work on, parents to help move, and I really miss waking up on a Saturday morning with zero plans standing in my way. I could use those two days away from work to actually relax. I could bake! I could read books. I could *gasp* watch movies in one sitting even.

Oooh, I can't wait!

No comments: