Thursday, August 14, 2008

Roasting and blogging do not mix well

It has been a while since I blogged about an ordinary day. Other than 100°+ temperature today, it was a fairly ordinary August day. I worked. I laughed. I planned and schemed and worked hard on projects.

Okay, so I also tried to fake 'n' bake tan with a sunless spray tanner. Last time I tried this, I turned into the orange zebra monster. Here's to better luck this time around!

I've had turkey sandwiches three out of the four days so far this week. If I have to see turkey one more time, I think I'm going to grow feathers. Chicken, too. No more poultry for me until this weekend. Okay, at least tomorrow. It beats the heck outta beef... and it's way cheaper than fish.

My plan to give up caffeine has not been working lately. I'm down to about twenty ounces a day, but I'd really like to be under ten. Maybe next week, right?

It's almost 85° in my apartment. I'm hot.

The Boy is teaching me to Samba a little bit each week. I am having a hard time doing one of the steps backward (don't ask me what it's called - I don't need to know what the moves are called in order to do them), but otherwise I just look goofy attempting to dance a proper Samba. My hips still hurt from my last lesson on Tuesday night. Ugh.

Time to go read in front of my fan. Wish this was a bit more exciting, but exciting pretty much ceases at 90°. I'm out!

2 comments:

WHIT-O-RONI said...

"when is that cold air gonna get hee--aaaaaaaaaaaah! I wasn't ready!! I wasn't ready that time..."


"ahhhhhhhhhh..."

MissKris said...

I am SO with you on the heat!! The only thing that keeps me going is knowing we'll be back down in the 60-70s next week. It's 5 am and I'm going out to clean the kiddy pool in a little bit. The babies and I will be spending most of the day out in the shade of the back yard today. Don't roast TOO much! I baked a pork tenderloin in the oven at 3 am this morning and made a pasta salad last nite. It's cold food for dinner tonite! Have a great weekend, little girl. And I mean that with affection! You're younger than MY kids, who'll be 30 and 32 next month. Argggghhh!