Thursday, August 07, 2008

The same, only different

Opposite attract, right? My boyfriend and I don't fit that trend at all. We're so much alike that we scare each other sometimes (okay, it freaks me out a bit, but it's cool). I'm not a huge fan of comparing people. I don't like saying one person is better at something--it's just not fair. There are occasions, however, when looking at two individuals can be fun. Like right now.

Here are a few of the ways we're different:

-anatomically (do I need to explain indoor vs. outdoor plumbing to anyone?)
-I love spicy stuff, dill pickles, and sausage where he likes beer, cheese, and yogurt
-he's into video games, and I'll play, but they're not really my thing
-he's lean and athletic (I'm softer with my womanly curves, but still in decent shape)
-he's private and reserved about some things in his life (I'm a blogger with very few secrets)
-he likes hanging out with younger children where I'm more comfortable with old people
-he hates folding laundry, but I can't stand doing the dishes

We're the same in some interesting ways, too:

-we both love flannel sheets
-we like (love in his case) maple syrup on just about any breakfast food
-we like talking walks late at night in the cool summer air
-neither of us are very good swimmers... I think it takes too much coordination
-we both have seasonal allergies
-we have a thing about vacuum lines in the carpet
-our hands are exactly the same size, but his fingers are a bit wider

We're not opposites. We're not identical. In what ways are you like or different than your special someone (or a close friend)?

No comments: