Friday, September 12, 2008

Blitzing Baldy

On a whim tonight, The Boy and I decided to hike Bald Hill to catch one of the last perfect sunsets of the summer.  The only problem was that we decided to do this with about an hour of good light left.  I drove over to meet him, then we parked at the Midge Cramer path at the Benton County Fairgrounds.  From there, it took us about ten minutes to get to the old barn.  My previous record from the barn to the top of the hill was a little over fifteen minutes.  This time we made it in thirteen.  Phew!

For the record, I do not suggest blitzing the hill when you haven't gone hiking, dancing, running, or pretty much anything but driving a desk for three months.  OY!

After taking pictures (I'll post them later, I promise) of the sunset, spending some time recovering, and then hiking back down (in even less time, thanks to gravity), we opted to soak in a hot tub for a bit.  I've never had a hot tub feel so good!

Let's put it this way: when we got back to his apartment to start watching a movie, I think I was asleep before the beginning credits ended.  Yeah.  Exhausted.

It felt good to be able to do something active for once! but I think I'm going to pay for this in the morning.

No comments: