Thursday, September 25, 2008

Goodbye Dripping Faucet

Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes I'm stubborn. Sometimes I think I have control over inanimate objects like my kitchen sink faucet. And sometimes I'm wrong.

I tried. Trust me, I tried. I had dreams about the faucet. I could hear the dripping while I slept. My friends teased me about it. I stared it down once, but that didn't work either. I hit the faucet, told it to stop more than a few times, and still... drip, drip, drip.

They're not hard to fix, I know, but I rent. I'm not allowed to do anything more than general upkeep and cleaning. Not sure how long the dripping went on, maybe a few months. It started off slow and occasional, but by last week all I heard in my apartment was the ticking of my wall clocks and the dripping of the faucet.

I was going mad, not because of the noise, but because the two click/drips were not synchronous! (A sure sign my inner band geek is lurking still.)

So late last week, I sent off an e-mail to my apartment managers asking for some help. They replied that someone would take care of the job on Monday. Monday night after work: drip, drip, drip, drip. I figured they were busy and would get to it on Tuesday, but that night... same thing. Ugh. Finally, on Wednesday, I came home to find that a repairman had been there just after noon for five minutes to fix a silly little gasket.

I could have done that months ago. Sheesh.

No comments: