Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's better if you do it fast

Today was not a good day. I didn't sleep well last night due to a draft near my head. After not having enough time to make a lunch (and suffering through Panda Distress at noon), nicking my knee horribly in the shower while shaving, and dancing three times in an hour at the dance tonight, I'm just not up for posting something funny.

BUT! Today is my sister's 22nd birthday, and I'd like to extend (yet again) best wishes to her.

And thanks to one very awesome woman tonight for helping me remember that kind, welcoming, open-minded people do exist outside my imagination lately.

I'm starting to get stressed for a very important meeting I have tomorrow afternoon (and I don't really have a job that does "meetings" so you should know it's a very big deal). I am cold still. And I just want to curl up in a little ball and rock back and forth in the corner until the weekend comes. It's an "I need a hug" day for sure (which is my way of saying that I realize others are suffering so much more than me in unimaginable ways, but I still want to be held).

Now please excuse me... I'm going to go rip a bandaid off my leg. At least there isn't any hair there to take with it since I shaved it all off. Too bad the brand-new razor took skin with hair. Say it with me, "one, two, three... RIP!"

1 comment:

cm0978 said...

I try to remember that having no hair on my legs can mean thyroid problems -- as I dab at the blood that won't seem to stop.

Do you have a nice quilt or afghan to cuddle up with? Also, do you have anything to cut the drafts from under the doors or around the windows? My husband laughs at me, but I like to have the bedcovers pulled over my ears to keep my head warm. Perhaps you need one of those old fashioned nightcaps (and not the ones you drink).