Monday, October 13, 2008

Unleashed

It's alive! My second blog has officially been out and available all day, but I wanted to make sure it was working on multiple browsers and at different resolutions before turning it loose for good. The oh-so-important title and address:

"It's not about the answers..." at http://itsnotabouttheanswers.blogspot.com/

So, now (ironically) I'm going to answer a few questions I'm sure you have:

1. What's it all about?
Religion. Christianity. Catholicism. Faith. Questions.

2. Why another blog?
I've always hesitated to post anything concerning religion on this blog. I know I've done it a few times, but I always add disclaimers and make sure people know that I'm not trying to force my beliefs on them. As I have been Bible-thumped way too many times, I work hard at not doing that to others. I'm neither ashamed nor afraid of sharing my faith, but I don't want to sound like a broken record or like I'm telling someone what to think. Having a second blog will (hopefully) allow me that outlet so that my readers here can stick around without having to deal with religious posts. I know loyal readers will stay no matter what I say, but I don't want to turn someone off when they see words like "ecumenical" or "rosary" or "I have no idea what to think about this whole thing." And I know that some very loyal readers will follow the other blog as well.

3. Will you continue to post on this blog?
Absolutely! Every day, just like always, I hope to write something fantastically insightful. And just like every day, I fall flat with some droll that won't mean anything tomorrow. I can't promise anything, but this blog is definitely still my home.

4. This is your blog. Why do you care if you offend people with religious themes?
Like I said, I have been verbally attacked far too much by people who insist that I'm approaching religion incorrectly or that I believe in the wrong things. Every time I write about religion, I feel like I have to be extra careful to make sure I'm not stepping on toes. It's hard. I am trying to be respectful by keeping religious discourse (which annoys many people) to another site.

5. Where did you come up with the blog title, "It's not about the answers..."?
In the shower, where all of my great ideas hit me. Seriously.

There you go. Come on over, say hi, or don't. Know that you are welcome any time.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey Jaggy,
I think your new blog is a great idea, and I love the name! I understand what you're saying about trying to be delicate and honest at the same time when talking about religion. I find myself doing the same thing at times, but considering that I'm not anonymous and most of my readers know where I stand it's not usually a problem. Still, I want to be sensitive when talking about faith and spirituality for those who don't know me that well or just came across my blog.
I wish you luck with the new site and just wanted to say that I respect the way you approach religious questions on your blog. I think you do a good job of being open and direct and respectful at the same time.
~Amanda