Thursday, November 06, 2008

Zits-Be-Gone!

Every once in a while, I post something that surprises even myself. This is going to be one of those posts. I apologize if it's all too much information, but at least I'm not going to launch into a tirade about that really girly stuff.

I take pretty good care of myself, and I'm neither high- or low-maintenance when it comes to beauty products. I try to purchase products that work with my skin (and that I know are actually safe for my skin). There's no big secret regimen or daily routine beyond washing my face, applying fairly new make-up (after a year I usually toss it), and keeping things generally groomed are about the extent of my work. It's not a huge deal to me. I get zits, I have blemishes, so what.

But I've known about this product for years without having the guts to try it. This week, I made the jump. I bought a package of Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips and gave them a shot. I followed the directions on the box to a tee, waited the compulsory fifteen minutes, and slowly-slowly-slowly pulled that little white strip off my nose.

HOLY COW.

That is one crazy-ass awesome product! I am not kidding: I could see a forest of blackheads and whiteheads clinging to the back of the strip. They were all stuck there, pointed straight up, as if to say, "oh dangit, you found us!" I used another strip on my chin area (get zits there, too). Same thing, but not quite as dramatic. Simply incredible, though, that my seemingly clean face could have such things living in it.

I'm totally sold on the product. It received an excellent rating over on Skin Deep, so I know it's safe even for my awesomely sensitive skin. I paid about $0.50 per unit, which isn't bad considering how smooth my nose and chin are now, and the satisfaction of knowing all that gunk isn't in my face tonight. Yay for cool beauty products that work!

No comments: