Sunday, December 14, 2008

Milking It

I've tried to blame my digestive issues on a potential lactose intolerance. Sometimes I think I'm right, but other times I just can't tell. It's frustrating, too, since I enjoy eating cheese and food with cheese on it. Rephrase: I like a few kinds of cheese on a handful of foods. I just happen to like those select items a lot.

Yesterday, I had The Boy's Mom's homemade macaroni and cheese (which, by the way, was fantastic). Though I was nervous it might make me a bit um, upset, it did not. I didn't eat a ton, and I felt fine all day and night. YAY! The night before, I had cheesy pizza which didn't make me sick either.

While at the store tonight, I was in the cereal aisle. I do enjoy a few cereals on occasion, but I usually eat them plain as a snack or something. Peanut butter Cap'n Crunch is one of those good finger cereals. The boxes were only $2 each for the big boxes, and I haven't had good name-brand (or any!) cereal in ages. I bought one of those plus one store-brand raisin bran crunch stuff. I also bought a half-gallon of milk. Tonight, I had cold cereal for dinner.

And it was glorious.

So far so good. I didn't put in a lot of milk, nor did I drink the milk at the end (eew!). Tomorrow, I'm going to put a slice of cheese on my sandwich and hope for the best. After considering the issues I've experienced, I think my digestive complaints might be related to grease and fatty foods (like beef) more than a specific lactose intolerance.

Regardless of the outcome, the cereal was awesome. I'm not giving up my waffles every morning just yet, but I might sneak in a bowl of cereal before bed some night. *sigh*

2 comments:

whit-o-roni said...

it IS glorious...

i should know, i eat cold cereal daily for breakfast!

waffles are for dinner...
and for stacking...
and for Gir...

cm0978 said...

I have had to give up drinking milk, but fortunately not cheese. Sunday we had gooey toasted cheese sandwiches and tomato soup with little salad macaroni in it. Simply luscious -- and so easy to fix.