Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Panda Lady Rant

I know I've ranted about this before, but it's just too baffling to not rant about twice. The woman who works at Panda Express in the OSU Memorial Union is seriously biased. I have seen her not only walk from the register back to where food is being served and add food to a person's plate, but then she won't charge for the extra food. Many times, my boyfriend has received either a free drink or a free/reduced price meal. The lady will give OSU athletes generous portions. She gives men large helpings of anything they want. Yet, somehow, Panda Lady won't even fill my little box of rice completely. In fact, she has gone so far as to take rice off of my plate before charging me full-price for the order. I'm not the only one who has seen the blatant bias: my female friends (and some male ones, too) have seen the extra food being served to guys or athletes. My female friends have encountered the 'scowl of doom' as we present our money to Panda Lady. She's not only rude, but her business ethics are shameful.

Why not eat somewhere else, you ask? I do. I take my own lunch most days. But when my options are scary burritos, Carl's Jr, overpriced "ethnic" food, or Panda Express on those few days when I don't make my lunch, I have a hard time saying no to the lure of cheap rice. I don't have a problem with most of the food (beware of the orange chicken), and I don't mind the other staff who are, in large part, fair and generous people.

Why, Panda Lady, why do you hate women and refuse us the extra free servings that you give so many other people? What did we ever do to you?

1 comment:

Jeff W said...

Oh Panda lady- why? I can't say I noticed that she gives more to guys but then I'm not at my most observant when I'm hungry. I miss lunches at the MU...