Friday, January 23, 2009

It's my blog, and I'll rant if I want to

I worry that people think I put my entire life on this blog and that they can accurately judge who I am or what I think by the things written here. If you agree with everything I have written, we might still be very different people. If you disagree with everything I say, that doesn't mean we wouldn't get along outside the blogosphere. Please be careful in making assumptions about who I am or what I think based on the things I say on my blog--and keep that in mind when making comments.

It's not that I don't appreciate comments or thoughts, but I worry when I get so many from two or three individuals. If you think your words are so necessary to share, why don't you start your own blog instead of commenting on mine all the time? If you have your own blog, maybe you could turn your comments into your own thoughtful post. We always need ideas for posts.

Comments are great, and I am thankful for them (usually). Don't take it personally when your comments aren't posted, though. This is my little thought bubble, and I get the final say about what gets posted here. If your words aren't posted, let it go, walk away, and rant somewhere else. I don't make you read, and I don't make you comment. My blog, not yours.

1 comment:

chris farrell said...

This wouldn't be in regard to my comments, would it? Just say the word, and I'm gone.