Thursday, January 01, 2009

Lego Batman

I never thought I'd actually love playing video games, but my boyfriend found a game that I'm totally into. It's a cooperative game where he and I can have our own characters and play the game at the same time working together. He plays Batman, and I play Robin. We run through Gotham City catching criminals (like Two-Face, Poison Ivy, and the Riddler), collecting coins which allow us to buy new costumes and weapons, and hunting for Lego pieces that we use to build vehicles or other items.

I was a bit skeptical when I heard about the game. Won't a Lego game be too childish and easy for we adults? HA! I actually like the fact that the bad guys only take two or three hits to kill, and when they do die, they don't have guts: they burst into Lego pieces! A complete lack of blood and guts is refreshing. The simple controls mean I'm on a more even playing field with my boyfriend (he's crazy-good compared to me). My only problem with the game is that the depth-of-field is difficult to figure out sometimes. I'm really good at jumping off cliffs and killing myself because I don't realize I'm too far back to make the jump to the next object.

It's a game about Batman's adventures, set in Lego pieces, and absolutely awesome to play. Oh, and he got the game pretty much free legally. Can't argue with any of that! (So if you don't hear from me for a few days, please rescue me from the TV...)

No comments: