Saturday, January 31, 2009

Will you marry me?

There are a thousand ways to introduce such a topic, but really, the final sentence is the same:

We're engaged!

Mr. Wonderful popped the question Thursday around noon, a total surprise to me. He slid the ring on my finger, we exchanged lots and lots of kisses, and I whispered "yes" since I could barely speak. So exciting! We called a few people right away, and then most of Thursday evening was spent texting, e-mailing, and calling people to let them know.

The first question everyone asks is if we've set a date. No. We're engaged and trying to enjoy the moment. We're thinking sometime in the fall or early winter, but no dates have been set. We do know where, and we have the bridal party partially informed (my sister will stand next to me). That's it. That's all we're deciding right now.

The ring is beautiful! He let me pick it out, though it was still a surprise as I chose it from a picture online and didn't know what it looked like in 3-D... bigger, shinier, sparkley-er, and prettier than I imagined! Pictures to follow.

So excited! And a little tiny bit scared...

3 comments:

Strayer said...

Congratulations!

MissKris said...

Congratulations, Jaggy! I, too, remember the excited feelings when Dear Hubby asked me to marry him, too. May you guys be blessed with as long and as happy a life together as he and I are enjoying! (((((((HUG)))))))

Mom of Three said...

Congratulations! When SH asked me to marry him, we were eating at a local burger joint, and I was so surprised my Sierra Nevada shot out of my nose. So romantic!

He married me anyways, 13 years ago this May, and I wish you every bit as much happiness and laughter as we have had.