Tuesday, March 03, 2009

this is not a post

I have a huge headache tonight that Aleve and Excedrin won't seem to fix. I think it's called a migraine. Whatever it is, the symptom is a gremlin behind my eyeball hacking things up with his ice pick. Caffeine, which usually quells my headaches, only makes the little monster work faster. So tonight's post isn't really a post. Well, it is kind of. It's more of a "don't worry, I'm alive, and don't yell at me for not posting tonight" post. Now I'm going to bed. Because the gremlin goes to sleep when I do. Or else.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same exact thing happen yesterday. For only the 2nd time in my work history did I use a partial sick day. So I would have to say I understand, and hope that you feel better

cm0978 said...

I wonder if it is tied into the weather pressure. I too had a headache yesterday. It starts with a piercing sensation behind the eyes that feels like a sharp icepick is going through the head, then progresses towards the back. Nothing seems to phase it and it doesn't go away until I go to sleep. Hope you feel better today.

chris farrell said...

How is it not a post? It's a post....not to get in a big argument or anything.

Jaggy said...

The title is a play on words, a reference to the famous painting, "This is not a pipe/Ceci n'est pas une pipe" by Rene Magritte, 1968.