Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bad Day Indeed!

My day started off well: I awoke refreshed and ready to start another beautiful spring day. Then I began itching my eyes, sneezing, and being generally miserable for a few hours. By mid-morning, I'd upset one coworker by telling him I'd show him how to do his own job instead of doing it for him. He didn't really like that. I'm sticking to my guns on that front.

Not long after that, I had a horrible discovery that will remain unnamed. No one died, but an ego and appetite were sorely ruined for several hours. It wasn't pretty, fun, or repeatable.

Reeling from uncontainable gas (yeah, girls do that too), a shitty morning, and hard-hit wallet due to prescription costs that have set me over my budget for the month, my afternoon was fairly well doomed. I consumed my afternoon snack by 1pm. My afternoon pop was gone early as well. Tired, frustrated, and cranky, I stomped home to found myself blessed by a wonderful friend spoiling me with ravioli.

He's a keeper, for sure. ;)

No comments: