Thursday, April 30, 2009

Snippity-Do-Dah

I blogged about such an awesome day yesterday--and paid for it today.

Let's just say I get frustrated when people tell me I'm being snippy when I'm telling them the truth. "I'd like to order these shoes in red." "The shoes only come in black or white," I reply. The truth, that the shoes are only available in the two colors, is correct. Informing a person of that fact apparently makes me snippy. My delivery was almost dead-pan, so I'm wondering how "snippy" ever entered the picture. People are starting to ask, "is the wedding stressing you out? Is that why you're snapping and biting at me?"

For the record, no. The wedding is not stressing me out. People asking me about my stress stresses me out more. People inferring or even stating that I have an attitude based on the wedding stresses me out. The wedding itself... pretty much planned. We have to go over the liturgy and pick out a few more small details, but that's about it. :)

If I'm telling the truth, I'm not going to be snippy. I'm going to be honest, frank, blunt, even cold, but not snippy. Snippy is not something I do very often. You'll know when I'm being snippy.

3 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

You need to learn to be snippy when you lie.

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I'm totally the same way! People asking if there's something wrong annoys me more than anything else that's going on could!!

Maybe you should start being snippy so they're at least accurate...

Anonymous said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm thinking it is something that you inherited from me. Perhaps it is other people interpreting our response incorrectly and not as we think we are potraiting ourselves. Don't lose any sleep over it, let them think what they want!