Friday, May 22, 2009

Facebook Fan

I am not a "fan" of the feature on Facebook that allows people to show what products, people, or ideas they are "fans" of.  If you like a product, that's cool.  But don't become a walking billboard for Pepsi.  Don't share the brand name of a product with me unless you have something more to say about it than, "well, I just like it."

I couldn't care less.  Really.  In fact, if there was a way on Facebook to turn that particular feature off, I would.  I would turn off your likes.  I would ignore your likes and continue living as if I'd never seen what product or person you like.

Why?  Why do people insist on promoting Clyde Drexler or clover honey or see-through notebooks?  Maybe the idea of social networking is beyond me... I just don't care.

Jaggy is NOT a fan of anyone who says they are a fan of something else on Facebook.  So there.

1 comment:

MissKris said...

I have a Facebook account. It's deactivated more than it's activated. I find thinking of anything to say very hard. I really don't care about the humdrum daily bits and pieces of my friends' lives, either. I hope you know what I mean by that...I LOVE my friends and family. But if the highlight of someone's day is "I took Spot to the groomer's to have his nails clipped". Well, you know. Whooop-de-doo. The only reason I was on there for the most part was to play some games I'd found. When my daughter gave me websites on the internet where I can find these games anyway...Facebook is deactivated permanently now for me, I think.