Sunday, May 10, 2009

In Transit

I ordered my wedding dress on the 27th of March. It still hasn't arrived. I finally called the shop to see what happened to my order. In broken but firm English, the woman informed me that the dress was at her shop and "on da way" to me. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. And no, I won't post pictures when it does arrive. It's a wedding dress, not pink fuzzy slippers. If you want to see the dress, you'll have to wait until the wedding or until I get pictures posted here after the honeymoon.

Maybe it's me, but I always wondered what it is that makes people want to see the wedding dress before anyone else or before the wedding day. Will seeing the bride's dress help you understand the gravity of wedding vows better? Does it make people feel special and like they're on the "inside" as opposed to those silly commoners who have to wait until The Big Day? Does seeing the dress beforehand help people see what the "vision" is as far as formality and theme? I don't get it. Even as a bridesmaid, I didn't see Emily's dress until the day of her wedding.

And I'm sure there are a few people who are ready to throw me in a river over what they view as selfishness. Call me selfish. I don't care. I don't feel the need to reveal the one dress I get to wear on the most special, wonderful, important day of my life. Until I hear a good reason to divulge pictures or a personal showing, I'm keeping things under wraps.

In any case, the dress isn't here still. It's "in transit" until late this week if everything goes according to the plan. I've even paid the credit card bill off already! Sheesh.

No comments: