Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Same is Getting Old

A better day today, thankfully. I had a pretty awful day yesterday that didn't get better as the night wore on. One misunderstanding after another led me wanting to crawl under my bed and cry the evening away. That explains the unhappy post. I will be so glad when this month is over, when the summer is over.

Though I still feel in many ways that I'm not doing well enough juggling my different relationships and roles, I'm trying to let go and allow the balls to fall where they may. I don't think I'm alone in not knowing how to manage difficult people, to manage a difficult self.

After long days, it's a joy to be able to sit down with The Boy and enjoy dinner together, sometimes a movie, and even better, a snuggle. I don't know where I'd be without his support right now, and I look forward to our life together more each day.

I'm especially happy tonight since we're planning a date tomorrow night, something to look forward to. Mr. Wonderful said he'd take me to our favorite restaurant for d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s pasta. We'll likely see Gran Torino (again, yay!) after that. Wedding stuff this weekend, plus The Boy is moving out of his apartment, so I will be busy busy again. Still. Again.

3 comments:

cm0978 said...

I could say that I have prepared The Boy to be empathetic because he has listened to me say the same things -- and he does a very good job of making a person feel better. I'm glad he was there for you.

MissKris said...

Are you buying a house? As for yesterday's post, I've been a Christian for almost 33 years and I still get persecuted every now and then. It goes with the territory. We are 'tried by fire' as the scriptures say. It hurts, Jaggy, but it's what makes us strong. If I can ever help you out or you need some words of encouragement, my email is in my Profile. Just let me know in your Subject line "jaggy" and I'll answer.

Jaggy said...

No, I'm not buying a house. I wish! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. :)