Monday, July 13, 2009

Big Hairy Scary Spiders Everywhere

As if the title to this blog post wasn't descriptive enough, I'm about to discuss the huge-normous spiders I've encountered recently. In case anyone was wondering, yes, I have a bit of a phobia.

This afternoon, I meandered down the hallway on my way to the restroom when I looked up to see what I thought was a crack in the ceiling tile. The leg on this creature was the crack I noticed. The attached body with meat hanging low from the ceiling was enough to stop me in my tracks. I immediately dove into the nearest office to hide from the offensive critter. A coworker guffawed at me and went out to have a look at what he assumed would be a small arachnid specimen. He seemed impressed at the monstrosity that greeted him with a growl and thunderous approach.

Any spider big enough to make noise as it walks is too freaking big.

Okay, so the spider might have been two inches across, but still, it was entirely too big for me to pass underneath. I instead turned around and walked down the other hallway, up the stairs, down two more hallways, and finally made my way into a restroom (where I promptly did a full spider sweep before sitting down).

And that's just one example of the giants I've seen lately! *shudder*

No comments: