Friday, July 31, 2009

I miss air conditioning...

I'm finally home tonight after spending the last three nights with my parents in their air conditioned house. In addition to actually being able to sleep, I was able to enjoy a few dinners with my family. It has been many moons since the four of us ate at the same table, not due to disputes but rather schedules and distance. Mom's spaghetti was delicious! THANKS!

While sleeping on an air mattress isn't my favorite, at least I was able to sleep. Doing anything remotely like sleeping would have been impossible in my apartment these last few days. I even enjoyed a soft, fuzzy blanket and took my own pillow to snuggle with. :)

I was able to test my sister's bath products. I think I used some free-range face wash or some organically fed, GMO-less shampoo, or something. Whatever it was, I walked away smelling like the entire Bath and Body Works store for three whole days. Upon returning home tonight, I promptly decontaminated myself with fragrance-free lather. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! It was a great experience! I've learned that I prefer the solvents I've been using.

I miss having cats around, and I miss air conditioning. Two lessons for the week.

1 comment:

Mom of Three said...

I was watching the news the other night at 11 p.m. and they had a live feed of kids and other people splashing around in the fountain at the convention center! We are fortunate here in Astoria that the heat has been pushed away from us, but you should see the amount of visitors we have this weekend!!!