Monday, July 06, 2009

The Sparks are Still Flying

Yesterday, The Boy had just left my apartment to go to Salem when I remembered he forgot his pizza in my refrigerator. Knowing that he didn't want to leave yumminess behind, I called him and suggested he come back to get it. He turned his car around, traced his tracks back a couple blocks, and trudged up to get his pizza. Naturally, I figured I deserved a kiss for remembering something as important as pizza. He leaned in to my puckered lips when ZAP! our poor noses received what must have been a couple volts. The shock was visible, not to mention painful for both of us. We held our noses for a few seconds, tears welling in our eyes as we stared at each other trying to figure out how exactly we managed to shock each other so badly. A delicate and tentative kiss, then he left for the last time.

We didn't really get fireworks this year for the 4th of July, but sparks are still flying between us--literally. As much as I love Mr. Wonderful, I'm not sure I prefer nose-to-nose electricity over bottle rockets...

1 comment:

MissKris said...

I seem to be zapping and getting zapped a lot lately. Maybe the atmosphere is extra-charged for some crazy reason? I always say there's more going on around us than we measly people are ever informed about, ha!