Thursday, July 16, 2009

Un-Quick Rice

Ugh, it's too late for me to be sitting here blogging, but I can't get the thought out of my head. I keep reading online that there is this stuff called "minute rice" that cooks really fast. When did that happen? Now I know I'm not always with it technologically, but I'm a fairly tech-savvy person. I'm down with sliced bread.

How freaking lazy are people that they can't boil water and cook rice? It's easier than pasta: you don't even stir it! I have a rice cooker (a Bi-Mart $9.99 model stolen from my mother as she was going to sell it at a garage sale no less) and use it all the time. Yes, rice sticks to the bottom of it, and yes, it takes a bit of soaking to get clean, but it's not rocket science.

Seriously. "Minute rice." Because "boil water, add rice, leave it alone" was too difficult. UGH!

No comments: