Thursday, August 27, 2009

Clean OUT

I might be getting a roommate soon! This thing happens when people get married... they end up living together. Weird!

The Boy may be moving in with me about the time we get married, so I figured I ought to make some room. That, and I started watching Hoarders on TLC and figured I am entirely too much of a pack rat and don't really want to end up with my own TLC film crew following me around. I went through my entire bedroom closet top to bottom, my desk, my dresser, the linen closet, the bathroom, the entry closet, my storage chests, and the several bookcases. In all, I donated more than twenty textbooks (even made some money selling a few old ones online, yay for new shoes as a result). I cleared out enough trash and recycling to fill an entire 50-gallon green garbage cart (over three days, little trips to the bins in my apartment complex). AAAAND I donated a bunch of old clothes that I'm never going to wear again to Goodwill and Vina Moses.

After all that, I have an entire rod free in my closet, a drawer in my chest in the living room, a shelf and part of a cabinet in the bathroom, and can possibly even make more space in the living room by rearranging furniture. Once the piano goes back to Mom and Dad (nooooo!), I think I will really feel like I've purged stuff.

Where did all my crap come from!? Ugh, going to try to not let that happen again.

1 comment:

Skunk said...

I know what you mean about trying to make space. That's why we live in a two bedroom, two bath apartment! We are STILL trying to make room and STILL needing to flat out throw things away.

Oh, the joys of married life... :)