Monday, August 03, 2009

75 Days to Go

Wedding plans are swimming along nicely. We have about 75 days to go still, but sometimes it feels like tomorrow. I need to get one last address tomorrow in order to make my guest list complete. The invitations will be addressed by our mothers this weekend, and they will be mailed out in about three weeks. We have made so many decisions, but I fear we have dozens left. I look forward to the decisions though. It feels good to include my future husband in this process--it's our wedding, and he's very much a part of the planning. I feel like we're tackling our first project head-on, side-by-side.

That said, I think the only things I have left to really worry about are still fitting into my dress in just over two months and making sure that I get my hand-tatted garter finished. Everything else should be cake, literally.

My latest pet peeve about weddings is photography. Don't misunderstand: The Boy and I are very happy with the photographer we've selected, and we are thrilled! he's going to be a part of our day. My beef is with everyone else taking their own photos at the wedding and then posting them all over the internet. It just seems kind of tacky to me, as if the people are saying, "look, I was special enough to get invited to someone else's wedding, see, here are the pictures I took." To me, it feels like the digital cameras eat away at the wedding day. The bride and groom selected a photographer, and they don't need additional people flashing and gesturing and demanding pictures too. I also think that the bride and groom should be allowed the first crack at posting pictures from their day on Facebook, MySpace, Flickr, and whatever else people post pictures on. I know weddings are a community event, but the photos of a couple on their special day shouldn't be posted until the couple is darn good and ready. Just tacky to do it before then.

At least let the couple get home from the honeymoon before posting pictures for the whole world to see... that way the bride and groom have an opportunity to see the pictures of themselves looking like dorks and can remove tags or whatnot. Simple courtesy anyone?

1 comment:

MissKris said...

I agree with you, Jaggy. At least once each day I think to myself how intrusive and crazy this digitalized/computerized world has become. Who was it who decided we need to be so...connected...that life is up there on YouTube or CNN or Fox or KGW or WHEREVER almost before it happens?! Sometimes I want to go out on the front porch and yell at the top of my lungs, "ENOUGH already!!!!"