Saturday, September 19, 2009

Damask Love

SEE?! I told you I'd eventually get around to updating my sad little bloggy. I didn't like the way my previous layout stretched all the way across the screen: it became difficult to follow the lines. My new layout makes shorter posts look a little longer, too, so I don't feel like I have to write a freakin' book just to make a dent.

Between the wedding website's damask pattern, the shower invitations we sent having a damask border, and this new site, I think it's safe to say I'm officially in love with bold damask patterns. Not that I'd want a whole couch covered in the print, but it's nice to accent some plainness with some traditional patterns.

With every new layout comes new intentions. This blog layout is the final combination of my original blog, "Uniquely Normal," and my newer (but now defunct) blog, "It's not about the answers..." Both blogs have been rolled into one, and I am only failing to update the single blog instead of both of them. The header combines both blog titles on a background of the Prayer of St. Francis (a favorite that I have partially memorized).

Though I have some minor tweaks to do as I adjust to the new layout, I feel confident that this look and feel should remain for a while. Comments/suggestions/kindly worded criticism appreciated.

2 comments:

MissKris said...

I LIKE it!

cm0978 said...

What a great looking background -- really freshens it up! And the font of the header is beautiful.