Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday: Not-so-Fun Day

After taking yesterday off due to a headache, being up most of the night before, and not wanting to be sick and at work, I figured Friday would be easy. No. Wrong. So wrong. I woke up this morning (at 4:00am, lucky me) with a gnawing UTI. Ignore, drink more water, drink pop, drink anything liquid, continue with day, right? HA! By noon I realized something was wrong, and by 5:00pm, I was sure I needed a trip to the doctor. Boo to peeing on my hand (again) as I tried to pee in the insanely small cup. Hooray, antibiotics! Boo paying $4 for the thing that makes me better and $400 to the doctor for diagnosing me. Thanks to Mr. Wonderful for sitting at the clinic for two freaking hours with me while all the rich doctors ate dinner and schmoozed, or whatever it is they do when they're not seeing the only patient in the waiting room.

Tomorrow is Saturday. Tomorrow will be a better day. Tomorrow I get to drink looooots of water, cranberry crap, take pills, sit on my hands and wait, and maybe, just maybe, I will feel better. Ugh.

3 comments:

PurpleHoodieChick said...

Awww, Feel better! Good Luck getting better.=]=]

MissKris said...

I've always been prone to UTI's too so I sympathize. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Skunk said...

I think you should consider talking to your usual doctor (i.e. not an emergency room doctor) about taking a preventative antibiotic. After getting a UTI consistently every 2-4 months despite my best efforts to avoid them, my OBGYN AND GP suggested I take an antibiotic called Nitrofurantoin. You take it as needed (as often as once a day or as few as once a week) to prevent a UTI, but if they still manage to happen (as can happen if you don't take the preventative often enough) you can take them twice a day as treatment! This means NO MORE LAST MINUTE CLINIC TRIPS!!! And the antibiotics shouldn't cost more than $10 per prescription.

Seriously, you should ask about it. I've done it for two years now and it's been a God-send!