Saturday, October 17, 2009

WE'RE MARRIED!

I write to you for the first time as a wife. I don't really feel any different yet, but I'm sure the years will cure me of that feeling. The cliché I so often hear around weddings, "today I married my best friend" is a cliché for a reason: today I did. We had a spectacular wedding, a great time dancing together, and we even had tasty food and cake.

I have a groom waiting for me to help open some gifts, so I'll keep this brief: THANK YOU to all of our friends and family who helped us in so many ways the last two days. We could not have pulled anything off without you. Thanks to everyone who joined us today or wished they could, as we feel blessed and incredibly lucky to have awesome people in our lives.

Thank you to our friends who listened to our plea to not decorate our car. We appreciate that you respected our wishes. Thank you to our guests who kindly refrained from picture-taking in the church. Our photographer was pleased, and we know his photographs will be amazing! As soon as he is done with the post-processing, the link will be available on our wedding website.

We're married! My face hurts from smiling today, and I only shed one tear (but in a good way). A girl could not ask for more.

1 comment:

MissKris said...

May you be blessed with as wonderful a life together as Dear Hubby and I have been these 35 years! I thought of you often yesterday...bless you, dear Jaggy.