Friday, November 06, 2009

Catholic Music Selections

I found a playlist of some of the songs I listen to and sing at Mass each week. The website is Spirit and Song, a division of Oregon Catholic Press. To hear the specific songs, go to the Music on Demand section and then under "Quick Links" to the left, under "Playlists" select "Choose Christ."

A few of the songs I really enjoy include:
Blessed Be Your Name
Breathe
Come to the Lord
Come, Now is the Time to Worship
God of Wonders
Here at This Table
Here I Am
Just Like You
One Bread, One Cup
Open the Eyes of my Heart
Our God is Here
Shout to the Lord
Sweet Redeemer
You Alone


One thing that might surprise people about this selection is that though it is contemporary, the songs are quite traditional and are mostly appropriate for either Catholics or Protestants. While I love the traditional hymns, sometimes its nice to sing something with a little range or a bass guitar floating in the background.

I'm excited to find the songs that have been stuck in my head week after week!

2 comments:

whit-o-roni said...

i remember singing and listening to music in youth group. my favorites from your list are God of Wonders, Shout to the Lord, and Open the Eyes of My Heart.

i like the site, but the versions aren't what i am used to. there might be other sites out there, too. but thanks for sharing! :)

Be Thou My Vision said...

Great topic! Thank you for sharing. I also read some of your posts and I enjoyed a lot. Looking for more great topics soon. God Bless!