Monday, November 02, 2009

In Which I Find my Checkbook

We turned the entire apartment upside down. We emptied every pocket of every bag we've touched in the last year. We even looked in the freezer. Where had the checkbook decided to hide? Let's just say my everyday bag has a hidden compartment even we didn't know about. I turned the bag upside down several times and shook it violently to dislodge every crumb and speck of dust. Timbuk2 bags are fantastic, and I dearly love mine, but that hidden pocket is a doozy. It's sort of like an un-pocket behind a series of pockets where skinny things can disappear. Call it the money stealer. Call it my three-day headache. Call it whatever you want, but the checkbook has been found. PHEW!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can SO relate to this! It's so frustrating...

MissKris said...

After having mine stolen in a Safeway store several years ago, every time I can't find mine within about 5 seconds of looking for it I can feel the same panicky feeling I had that day when it had literally disappeared from right under my nose. NOT a good feeling. I'm so glad your search had positive results!!!

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Happy birthday, Jaggy.