Monday, December 21, 2009

Bubble Lights

The Man informed me that his family doesn't have many holiday traditions, but he just doesn't feel like it's Christmas until the tree has bubble lights. The Man's Mom gifted us a string of bubble lights for our first Christmas (thank you again!), and I took a few moments last weekend to get them on the tree. I knew of this type of light but never really saw them until I met The Man. Our tree looks fantastic now, and I know we're both more into the holiday.

I set a slow exposure for this picture, probably five seconds. The bubbles sort of flow together in the light, but I assure you, they bubble away. Our little fake tree doesn't look so bad in this picture either. We lucked out and picked one that sort of looks real. No watering, no dropped needles, no allergies! Did I mention how much I love having a fake tree?

Oh, and the bubble lights. Love those too!

1 comment:

Lockwood said...

I grew up with some 30's era bubble lights when I was in my single digits age during the 60's. Each year one or two would break or burn out. It was a little heart-breaking... at the time, as far as we knew, they weren't being made any more.

I think it was late 70's or early 80's that we started seeing them in stores. Thanks for reminding me of one of my treasured Christmas memories.