Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Determined to be Itch-Free

Having been off the Prednisone for just over a week, I've noticed I'm starting to itch again. We discontinued the use of Snuggle fabric softener and switched to Bounce dryer sheets that have no scent. We alternate loads with dryer sheets and dryer balls (the sheets keep static away as the dryer balls are pretty much completely useless for static). Apparently I wasn't allergic to the Snuggle bear, which I didn't think was the problem in the first place since I've used Snuggle my entire life.

What's next? Soaps. I'm almost out of body wash and face wash, so I'm going to the store tonight to get a few products rated much safer on the Cosmetic Database (formerly Skin Deep). I don't use fingernail polish, one of the most toxic substances used, so at least I know it's not that. Check! My deodorant, foot scrub, clay mask, and make-up are all well-rated products that shouldn't be reacting to my skin (partly because I use them so rarely (except deodorant, that's almost every day)). Bioré Pore Strips are also fine to use, so yay for those. I'm pretty sure it's not a food allergy. I rarely use lotion, don't use perfume, only wear cotton, wash myself and my clothes regularly (but not too much), and can't think of anything I've done that would be new to cause an allergy.

I did learn that Chap Stick is one of the worse lip balms on the market. Even the plain normal kind isn't very safe. So sad! I'll be switching to Aquaphor as soon as I can find it in the pocket-size tubes ('cuz really, Jaggy doesn't carry a purse: it's pockets or bust). Aquaphor, by the way, is incredibly safe--recommended for babies--and is just about the only thing I can use on my hands for dry, cracked skin. It works miracles. If only I actually used it more than once a month, then maybe I wouldn't have dry hands.

So I'm starting over. New shampoo, new body wash, new face wash, new everything. We'll see how it all goes...

3 comments:

Michael said...

Is it something The Man is wearing?

Jaggy said...

I'm thinking it might be. If my changes don't work, I'm going after him to change some of his. His body spray is a likely candidate, and his shampoo could be a possibility. He just switched to a new body wash, so I'm pretty sure it's not that. We'll see...

Michael said...

I looked up on your Skin Deep website the stuff he usually uses (I have about the same), and it's some pretty nasty stuff. "awesome, I'm bathing in cancer."

Too bad, too, because I'm really liking Axe Instinct. :(