Monday, December 28, 2009

Migraine Hell

I had a whopper of a migraine yesterday, complete with puking and feeling like the end was near. Not to be overly dramatic, but I felt like shit. On the upside, it's the first migraine in over six weeks, so either I'm learning what the triggers are or I'm less stressed or something. Even the last one wasn't so bad. I've only had two or three really bad ones in the last year that included puking. Yesterday was awful.

I got up late yesterday since I felt crappy, almost noon. The Man and I were supposed to go to a wedding reception in Salem, but at 2pm on the way north I made him drop me at my parents' house. I could hardly sit up. He deposited me on the guest bed (thanks for not tossing that yet!) where I stayed until he returned two hours later, a couple pretty roses in tow (aww!). He drove us home just fast enough for me to toss my cookies in my own toilet. Ugh.

I slept about sixteen hours solid, including this morning. I called in sick, justifiably so I think. By noon I was feeling lots better. Since then, I've baked a loaf of bread, threw together a loaf of banana bread, cleaned a chicken for dinner tonight, and washed and folded three loads of laundry. The Man went to Albany where he picked up a new microwave using some of our wedding money. Our old one was very small and took three minutes to boil water. The new one is HUGE! and fast! and HUGE! And it's a Sharp Carousel, so I know I can rely on it for the next ten or fifteen years.

The one good thing about migraines is that once I feel better, I get so much done. The whole feeling great part doesn't exactly make up for the feeling like death part though, so I vote no more migraines. Less caffeine seems to be helping, and I think overdoing it Friday with the caffeine wasn't smart. Lesson learned (again, sigh).

No comments: