Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Random Questions XIV

What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
Can of pop up to my lips, but before that... homemade lasagna

Can you play Guitar Hero?
I am probably better on the Rock Band drumset than on the guitar, and I'm not too bad at the RB bass line when it's on easy or nearly easy.

How late did you stay up last night and why?
11:45pm because I watched Good Eats until 11:30 and then later because The Man was reading in bed and his light was too bright

If you could move somewhere else, would you?
If it means The Man can get a job, we'll move. I have always disliked living in Corvallis, but it's close to work and convenient to get to my parents' without being in the same city. We're content where we are and hate moving, so we're staying until we have to move.

Have you ever been kissed under fireworks?
No, I shall have to mention this to The Man and convince him we need to work on this.

Do you believe ex's can be friends?
Absolutely! It takes a bit of work and trust, but sure. (Hi Jeff! *hug*)

When was the last time you cried really hard?
Not too long ago, maybe two or three months ago. I don't even remember what it was about.

What items could you not go without during the day?
ChapStick, food and water, the usual.

Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
I think it was Grandma

How do you feel about your life right now?
Mostly content in the sense that I am enjoying married life and love where I am, but I'd be thrilled if The Man got a job and we had to move (and I had to quit my job, oh darn)

If we were to look in your facebook inbox, what would we find?
messages, duh

Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?
A drug test in what sense? A blood test to see if I've taken drugs, yes, flying colors (unless cranberry pills and Zyrtec cause false positives). A drug test to see if I can identify crack from crank or pot from meth by sight or taste, no way.

Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
Yes, several times. I can't decide whether to be flattered or annoyed.

What song is stuck in your head?
None at the moment, thankfully. That could change at any second.

Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m.: who do you want it to be?
Considering we're on the 2nd floor, someone very tall better be out there. Hypothetically, I'd be fine if it was my sister or maybe a close friend, but knocking on a 2nd floor window (with no landing or ledge) at 2am is liable to get you arrested at the very least.

Do you think too much or too little?
I think I think the right amount.

Where are your feet right now?
In my socks curled up next to me. I still sit in the fetal position when at home on my computer.

Do you believe in fairy tales?
I think fairy tales can have a bit of truth to them, but I don't think they're entirely accurate or believable.

Do you like pickles?
Only dill pickles

Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?
No, eew.

What's the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
12-ish years, not my best moment (hindsight=20/20)

Have you ever been on a blind date?
Yes, I went on a few of them since that's how my parents met. The one I remember ended horribly. We haven't really talked since.

Do you have any friends that you've known for 10 years or more?
Yup! A couple actually.

Does the number of people a person's slept with affect your view of them?
I really don't need to know this kind of information, and it's none of my business unless I'm about to sleep with them (happily married, remember?), so no. I don't want to know.

Are you a good tipper?
10% is about average. Depends on the service and what kind of restaurant we're at. Tipping isn't mandatory, it's optional and for good service.

What's the most you have spent for a haircut?
$20 last time I got a haircut, which isn't bad at all for a twice-yearly event!

Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
teacher, no. professer, no. ridiculously hot TA? *blush* yeah.

Have you ever peed in public?
Not that I can remember... not even a repressed memory. No.

What song do you want played at your funeral?
Oh, um, Forrest Gump Feather Theme, all 8 minutes of it.

Would you tell your parents if you were gay?
Don't you think they'd figure it out? I mean, the whole "bringing home girls" bit might give it away. I know some people can hide things from their parents, but I don't think I would have. But I'm straight and married some guy, so it's not much of an issue now is it?

What would your last meal be before getting executed?
Mom's spaghetti, Cream of What bread, Mom's swedish meatballs, Grandma's baked rice, Mom's sugar cookies, The Man's Mom's macaroni and cheese, my sister's baked tortellini, curly noodles, The Man's pancakes, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and vanilla ice cream and Hershey's syrup that Dad stirred up for me. If I'm going that way, I'm going FAT.

Do you walk around the house naked?
Between the bedroom and the bathroom, sure, but not as a habit or for the sake of doing so.

What do you do as soon as you walk in the house?
I put down my bag and keys and hug The Man. Every time. No, really.

Who is the person you can count on the most?
Myself. I don't make a habit of relying others as being disappointed sucks so much.

What did you dream last night?
Maaaaple Baaaars (again)

Have you ever been in love?
Once. I married him. Now I'm learning what love means.

Do you sing in the shower?
I used to, but The Man might hear me now and think I'm nuts.

What is your favorite Holiday?
my birthday! and then whatever day is a paid holiday. I don't discriminate.

Would you ever get plastic surgery?
Corrective or reconstructive, I'm not ruling them out. Elective, nah.

Have you ever caught a fish?
Once, and it was too small so my uncle made me throw it back.

What is your favorite lunch meat?
turkey gobblegobble

Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes

What is your favorite cereal?
Frosted Mini-Wheats or the Malt-o-Meal version of Fruit Loops. I really like Raisin Bran Crunch, too.

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Nope, my feet are so narrow that they usually slide right out.

What is your favorite ice cream?
Vanilla (drowning in root beer)

What is the first thing you notice about people?
shape, size, male or female

What book are you reading now?
Just finished A History of Clean and My Life With the Saints, soon to start Saints Behaving Badly and one of Scott Hahn's books (can't decide which one yet). I read two or three books at a time.

What is the farthest you've been from home?
That's relative to how much I have to pee, right? Physically Pierre, SD. But when I have to pee really bad, the driveway is a universe away.

How did you meet your spouse?
we were in the same group of ballroom dancers

Where was the last place you drove (other than home/school/work)?
to Fred Meyer to fill prescriptions and get dinner

4 comments:

Dr. Weirdbeard said...

I say continue with the shower singing. You can't have The Man be the only one being bizarre (more than likely he'll try to one-up you)

Jeff W said...

I have to say that licking a CD to get it to work has never even crossed my mind. Wow, eww.
Also, *hug* :)

Katie said...

I don't know you and have no idea why I've spent as long as I have reading your answers so that I now feel like we are good friends and the suchlike, but that aside... you said you were married, but then said you needed something to wear down the aisle? Married or no? Confused! (Note to self: have reached new personal low in questioning strangers about their personal lives due to survey answers I should never have been reading.)

Jaggy said...

I'm married. Where does it say I need to find something to wear down the aisle?