Monday, March 08, 2010

Bathroom Invasion

So there I was, taking a shower. I love showers. I was washing my hair when I heard the bathroom door open. No big deal, I thought. Sometimes my husband joins me for showers. Sometimes he just needs to pee really bad and can't hold it. We have an opaque shower curtain, so I don't mind him being in there. We're married, it's all good.

But just as I cleared the water from my ears, I heard the bellows of Hell roaring on the other side of the curtain, the sounds of plopping and splashing. I looked around the shower curtain to find my husband sitting on the toilet stark naked looking up at me with this little boy grin. I could tell he was expecting praise.

Meanwhile, I'm trying not to giggle, breathe, or scream. He flushed the toilet, washed his hands, and jumped into the shower with me. I finished washing my hair before I could look at him with a straight face. I think we both thought the same thing: how could we possibly be more in love than to allow the other person to do as they wish in the bathroom while we are in the shower?

...and then the stench finally hit me, and I chastised him at length for being an icky gross boy. Love indeed.

2 comments:

MissKris said...

And it doesn't take long to get that comfortable with each other, either. Ya little love birds!

Lisa Starr said...

now that is hilarious!