Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Cupcake Petit Fours

Last weekend, I made cupcakes with a friend. She and I decided pink would be the most festive color for a non-holiday-after-a-long-winter-Friday. We used a new dipping technique to achieve smooth frosting. I think they look pretty good! My only complaint is that the frosting isn't very thick on the cupcake. While it is smooth and even, it's minimal. I piped over the top with some white frosting to add some color and design, so there was a tiny bit more height. On the flip side, buttercream probably isn't exactly healthy. We double-dipped the cupcakes, so we did put a bit more frosting on later, but it wasn't as even and tended to run a bit. The second dipping was very difficult on the smaller cupcakes as I hadn't baked them in papers. They were just falling apart. Oooooh, these were so yummy!

1 comment:

Skunk said...

They look SOOO yummy! I love the pink...