Monday, March 29, 2010

The Eyes Have It (again)

Remember last year when my eyes got so itchy and red that I went to the doctor? Allergic conjunctivitis? Days of maddening itching? It's baa-ack! Except the whole going-to-the-doctor part. Everyone kept telling me how gorgeous it was outside, how much I needed to "get some sun," how the flowers were beautiful, blah blah blah.

I've been taking Zyrtec for about a month now, and I just started in on the Singulair this weekend. Unfortunately not soon enough for my poor left eye. :(

I awoke this morning to find not only my upper eyelid puffy, but my lower lid stuck out and made me look all sad and sick at the same time. Thankfully cold compresses and a good rinse or two calmed down the puffiness for me to go to work. I wore contacts until noon, a painful four hours. At noon, I came home to rest my eyes and rinse them out again. The contacts just wouldn't sit properly and hurt, so I opted for glasses all afternoon. Thankfully I can drive with glasses, otherwise I would have had to suffer more!

The antihistamines are working better now, so the itching is less than earlier. I was pretty good about not scratching for a long time, but we'll see how the rest of the evening goes. I can't stand eye allergies. At least with nasal allergy symptoms, it's just gallons of snot. Itching is awful!

1 comment:

Dr. Weirdbeard said...

If it makes you feel any better, I got a minor sunburn.