Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Screaming Banshee Alarm Clock

The Man says I keep my alarm clock set to "screaming banshee mode." I'd like to think it's on "wake me up" mode. I'm not a heavy sleeper, not by a long shot, but the alarm can't be turned down. It's an older clock, probably a mid-90s model, but it's the only alarm clock that I can find that has the features I want.

I have a Sony Dream Machine. Dual-alarm with indicator lights, alarm goes off to either buzzer or radio for both alarms, dimmer switch for the light, and BIG numbers (because I'm a bit near-sighted, haha). It has a 7-minute snooze and battery back-up. I love my alarm clock. Of course I don't love it at 6:55, 7:02, 7:09, or 7:16, but I appreciate the features and size.

Now that The Man gets up before me, he needs an alarm clock. He looked at four or five stores before deciding on the perfect alarm clock. He bought a Dream Machine. The models are very different in shape and size, but the features are quite similar.

We didn't even confer before he bought it. We're that like-minded.

And now we have two screaming banshees. ;)

No comments: