Saturday, May 29, 2010

Updated Blog Design

I got bored with black and white. While I love damask patterns, they're sort of overwhelming and obnoxious after a bit. Time for some color.

I had a difficult time deciding the final color scheme. The Man and his brother insisted that my former damask pattern was contemplative and formal, a good fit for me. But it was boring. I'm not into pastels, and I wanted to maintain the lighter background behind the text, so this is what worked. Much thanks to Hot Biggety Blog for the image and Pixie for the help with color selection.

As a side note today, I visited a Wal-Mart for the first time in probably five years. I was quickly reminded of why I avoid those stores: incredibly obese people in high concentrations, families with far too many children (put them on leashes, seriously!), and not enough clothing on people who need to wear more. I felt weird walking out of the store, as if I had some of my soul smushed by corporate greed and cheap Chinese lead-laced melamine milk. *shudder*

But I got new drawer shelving systems for my crafting supplies, so I have an evening of sorting and reorganizing ahead. Finally!

1 comment:

Jules said...

I like it. Looks good!