Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sister's Engagement Photo Session

I had an adventure yesterday morning taking my sister's engagement photos.  The three of us found several neat spots to take pictures and have fun mocking crows, stand in tall grasses, and climb trees.  I was so pleased with how my new camera works, especially the seemingly endless battery life.  We took over 200 photos, and my general rule of 10 great shots out of 100 and 1 exceptionally fantastic shot out of those 10 rang true yesterday.  They got about 40 great shots and 5 or 6 terrific photographs.  I can't ask for more than that.

If anyone lives in the mid-Willamette Valley and needs inexpensive photography, I can help.  I'm not trying to break into the business by any means--and I don't do weddings--but I remember what that crunch felt like and hope to help others in a similar bind.  I don't have a studio, don't really have any special photo editing software, and I don't even have a payment idea figured out, but everybody deserves to have recent, good pictures of themselves and loved ones.  Photography shouldn't cost a fortune.  Then again, I'm not trying to make my living at it...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I didn't know she was engaged! :) Congrats! (great photo, too!)

Jules said...

GREAT! Do you want to come take pictures of my kids so I can hang recent ones on my walls? :)

Jaggy said...

Jules: I'd LOVE to! We're busy on and off, but I'm sure we'll have a free weekend soon. Let me know what your schedule is like.