Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So Cool

We bought an air conditioner!  That might not seem like a big deal to most people, but living in a second-floor apartment through last year's 100-degree weather was not fun.  We price-shopped quite a bit and ended up getting one for half the price of what we anticipated buying.  Our apartment's maintenance crew installed it for us including a plexiglass insert so we're air- (and bug-) tight.  Now if only our power bill won't go through the roof (we don't need a skylight, too).

Yesterday wasn't great for me.  I was home sick with a nasty headache and ended up sleeping most of the day.  Feeling better today, but I wish I could have felt a little bit better at home and got a few things done while I was here.

We took my car into the shop just to see what a service tech recommends based on the symptoms my car has been showing.  He said it doesn't seem like anything to worry about.  We're supposed to keep checking the coolant levels and engine temperature.  As long as there isn't an obvious leak or odd sound, keep driving it.  Goes against my gut, but he's the expert.

That's all the news from me today... in this case, no news is good news.

No comments: