Friday, June 25, 2010

You're Cut Off

I've been watching VH1's You're Cut Off.  It's such a self-esteem booster to watch the show.  The premise is simple: nine super wealthy young women are cut off financially by their benefactors.  They are made to live in a regular house and have to cook their own food, clean their own living space, and budget for supplies, food, clothes, and any other necessity.  They get a life coach to help them become less spoiled and a little more appreciative of their posh lifestyles.
Let's just say the whole "making a bed" thing was hilariously beyond these women.  They're so self-absorbed and over the top, it's a riot.  They fight with catty statements, "You need more botox!" or "You're just mean because you're ugly!"  I have to laugh at the stupidity.  Granted, these women could shop me to death, but they'd starve before they figured out which side of the bread to put butter on.  When one of the obnoxious women explained that PB&J was "poor people food," I about cried laughing so hard. 

If PB&J is for poor people, take away my money and leave me the jam, fresh ground peanut butter, and homemade bread.  I haven't met a person yet who refuses to eat PB&J.  This show makes me feel soooooo much better about my own life.  It also makes me want a PB&J!

3 comments:

cm0978 said...

I'll take that PBJ if it's on homemade, fresh-from-the-oven bread!

MissKris said...

I'll take the jam and the bread...but I'm horrifically allergic to peanuts. Any nuts, really. And you can't believe how many women are offended when I ask if a dish has nuts in it, then refuse any if there are. What...do they want to call 911 during a dinner??? Sheeesh. I dunno if it's still on but did you ever watch "Sweet 16", I think it was called, where rich little girls turning 16 were given parties by their doting daddies? Why not donate all that money to the Gulf mess...or childrens charities or something?! Talk about excess. I can hardly bear to watch any of those reality shows of that nature. I get so irked I want to smack 'em all upside the head, haha!

Dr. Weirdbeard said...

Bah you rich people and your cable TV. ;)