Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm going to have dreams of cakes attacking me all night after this...

I have a busy, busy weekend ahead of me, especially tonight.  Tomorrow, my mother and I are hosting my sister's wedding shower as she will be getting married next weekend.  I have yet to wrap her gift, organize the games, and bake and decorate the cake.  First, shopping for the second half of her gift.  Then dinner with The Man.  Then cake baking.  Then wrapping and game organizing while the cakes cool.  Showers, maybe a minute or two to sit, then off to decorate the cake.

And I have no idea what I'm going to wear tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I have to get up and corral the multitude of items I have to take to my parents' tomorrow.  Breakfast, maybe a little work on planning my next quilt, pack a lunch, and zoom! we're off to Albany.  We will do the whole wedding shower thing, then flash! we'll zip up to Salem to do some shopping really fast before we head out to dinner for The Man's belated birthday party.

I think it's safe to say we won't be flashing, zipping, or zooming by tomorrow evening on our return trip.

Sunday looks to be a bit calmer.  Mass, grocery shopping (thanks, Grandma, for the coupon!!!), and maybe a little bit of relaxing in front of the TV.  Oh, wait, laundry, cooking, cleaning... crap.

I tell ya, this whole 'being an adult' thing is totally overrated.  Except the driving part.  And maybe the making my own decisions part.  Just definitely not the responsibilities part!

No comments: