Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's DONE!

It's been a busy weekend, but the most important event occurred tonight around 9:00pm.  I finished my first quilt!  Pictures will be posted tomorrow.

In other exciting news, I went shopping yesterday with The Man's family in Salem.  Not only did I get a super cute sweater and my first corduroy jacket, but I didn't buy a single pair of jeans or a t-shirt.  Between The Man's Mom and I, we only spent $55 and saved over $95 off the original prices!

I did look at a few pairs of jeans this weekend... apparently it's not easy to find jeans that are not low-rise and don't make me look like a 50-year-old (no offense moms everywhere, but I'm in my twenties).  I gave American Eagle a shot hoping they'd have something curvy, but even after going up in size, I couldn't get the waistband over my butt.  I realized I'd already bottomed out in the crotch.  When I asked the store clerk if she had any pants that weren't low-rise, she looked at me like I was a zombie.  Surprisingly, I popped into Buckle just to see what they have in there.  They sell jeans by dimensions instead of size!!!  They also charge $90 per pair...  So I think I could have actually found some that fit me in the store, but I am not willing to pay that much for pants.  Maybe when they have a super sale or I get serious coupons, but not until then.

I grabbed a couple ropes this weekend and strung up a makeshift (and totally not permanent) clothesline on our patio/deck.  I successfully dried two loads of laundry today and only managed to drop two shirts on my dirty deck (re-do!).

So with a few new pieces of clothing, clean clothes washed, line dried, and put away, dinner done, and my first quilt finished, I vote the weekend officially over.  Not that I want it to be over, but I feel like I had a good weekend, a productive and successful weekend.

Can't ask for much more than that.

No comments: