Monday, August 02, 2010

A long, painful weekend later...

I had a mostly good weekend aside from being in pain on and off.  Friday night included a bit of cleaning and some lounging.  Saturday was lazy until the afternoon when I whipped out a batch of cupcakes for our evening picnic up in Dallas.  That night, we traipsed around the park with some of The Man's cousins--an adventure that afforded me the chance to take action shots of kids doing what kids do at a park.  We had a wonderful time with them!

Sunday was less exciting: Mass in the morning, a very brief shopping trip, and photo editing took me through 3pm.  I took a nap in the afternoon, made a delicious fat-free dinner, and watched a movie with The Man.  Oh yeah, Shake 'n' Bake?  Forgot how tasty that stuff is.  We'll be doing baked chicken more often.  Tossed some broccoli in a casserole dish with some parmesan cheese for a delicious side, and I made rice in 20 minutes on the stovetop for the first time ever (rice cooker just takes too darn long for a cup of rice).  I've been informed I can make that dinner again and again.

I went to the doctor this morning to hopefully have my doctor give me a solid diagnosis about my abdominal pain.  She listened to my symptoms, poked my belly, and didn't tell me anything I didn't know already.  I get to have an ultrasound Wednesday morning for more diagnostic information.  We did go over my blood work from last week, and everything there looks normal and healthy.  Right now I'm in a holding pattern, a fat-free-diet and very painful holding pattern.

No comments: