Thursday, August 19, 2010

To my husband on his 27th birthday:

Happy birthday to my husband. This is the first time I've ever been able to say that!  A year ago, you were my fiancé.  The year before that, my boyfriend.  And the year before that (and every moment since), my friend. 

I'm not always good at writing the mushy stuff, but I love you so much that I'm going to try. Some wise people told me to write down the reasons I fell in love with you before we even got engaged. Looking back on that list, I am reminded of the reasons I still love you and am falling ever more in love with you daily:

- You still don't judge me without my approval.

- You still don't force your faith upon me--and even more, you gently encourage and lead by example.

- You're the best listener in the whole world.

- Your giggle never gets old.

- You eat what I cook and don't complain (and sometimes get impressed by my simple attempts in the kitchen).

- You aren't a jealous person. Ambitious, sure, but not jealous.

I love you for all of those things that first drew me to you, plus I love you for a million new little (and big) things. For your 27th birthday, I wish you peace of mind. Know that I am proud of you. Know that you are loved unconditionally and without reservation.

And know that you're now in your late twenties. Ha ha!

(I love you!)

2 comments:

Long bow 1953 said...

This is just scratching the surface, lovey. Come back in 36 years and you won't be able to include everything. These men have a way of growing on us! :)

MissKris said...

Ooooooooops! That last comment was me...I forgot Dear Hubby was signed in, haha! I created a blog for him...would you stop by and say hi? Here's the link:

www.longbow1953@msn.com

That'll light a fire under him! :)