Thursday, August 05, 2010

Yet Another Update on The Pain in My Side

And now for an update on my ever-painful guts!  The ultrasound results came back negative.  All of my organs are right where they're supposed to be, but none of them look problematic.  I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, but I think it's a good thing.  My pain has settled down today after a disastrous dinner last night.  I blew the tomato sauce up in the microwave (should have been a clue from the start), overcooked the pasta slightly, and ended up eating more than I should have.  Even with mostly dry noodles and just a tiny bit of sauce for flavor--we're talking a whopping tablespoon total on my whole bowl--it was too much for me.  I awoke with all sorts of crazy weird pain last night.  Left side, right side, burning, spasming, aching pain.  I'm going to get some omeprazole (Prilosec) like the not-so-Urgent Care doctor suggested the first time I was in there last week.  I hope to have an appointment with a gastroenterologist sometime next week to get to the bottom of this!

I am tempted to create another label on my blog for my stupid medical anomalies.  As if I need any more categories in my life, especially one I shouldn't need to have in my twenties...

Bear with me readers.  New and exciting things not related to me achin' belly are in the future.  Like why Chase can't seem to understand I DO NOT WANT their credit cards.  Or why stores always ask if you'd like to get one of their credit cards every time you go through the checkstand.  Or why Fred Meyer's rewards program is completely lame.  Or why it's so stupid that people under 25 have to pay a fortune to rent a car even with a perfect driving history.

I do think--and talk--about things other than myself from time to time.  ;)

2 comments:

Jules said...

i'm still trying to figure out F.M. rewards card. I don't think I've gotten any rewards, just spent a lot of money.

cm0978 said...

I think you have it backwards: you are rewarding FRED MEYER not yourself.