Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Love Lamp

It is an interesting experience to have to walk out of a bedroom, down a hallway, and around the corner to get to the kitchen. I haven't experienced such distance between bed and sink in three years.

The Man and I sat down last night to our first real homemade dinner at our dining table. Aside from when we had friends over, we never ate at our dining table in our old apartment. There wasn't space to leave it out with chairs all around it, so we put two chairs in a closet and pushed the table against a wall. It was used more for crafting and folding clothes than anything. To be able to sit across from one another and talk while we eat is an odd thing. I am excited to do more of it though!

I've only noticed a few negative points to our new apartment. One, it gets very, very dark inside at night. We need more lamps and night lights. I'll see what I can pick up at Home Depot tonight, because stumbling around in the dark is NOT fun. The other big negative is the shower head height. Even with an attached shower head that sticks up higher than the arm coming from the wall, both of us have to duck a bit to get under the shower head. And we're not exactly "tall" at a whopping 5'8". I think I can get an extender thingy that works with our shower head/hose setup, but we'll see...

More money to spend. That's the story of my life right now.

2 comments:

Jeff W said...

Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?
I worked my butt off cleaning the last apartment I moved out of and they still took me to the cleaners (no pun intended) on my refundable deposit. I would have been better off going to work and foregoing the deposit entirely!

Jaggy said...

I really love the lamp. Really really.