Monday, October 25, 2010

A Weekend Down and Up

Blogging wasn't very high on my radar this weekend.  After my uncle's funeral on Saturday and a lazy Sunday on the couch, I just didn't have the energy to sit at a screen and pour out my thoughts and emotions.

This weekend was a whirlwind.  We drove to Albany and picked up my sister and brother-in-law and headed to Portland.  We stopped at Bridgeport Village to get me new shoes, but we had to pop over to Washington Square to buy the right color.  Thankfully the price was the same.  We grabbed lunch and then hustled out to Gresham for the funeral.  Afterward, we visited with some of my uncle's family and had a nice chat at one of their houses.  We left in the late afternoon and puttered back to Albany to drop off our passengers, then we hopped the freeway to my parents' house for my sister's birthday dinner party.  We all had very fully bellies and, later, some laughs over the game we played.  The Man and I didn't get home until 11:00pm.

Sunday dawned entirely too early.  I didn't feel very well, probably exhaustion from all the go-go-going from the day before, and I wasn't exactly in the mood to go grocery shopping and to Mass, although after three loads of laundry we finally got around to both.  After a late lunch, I melted onto the couch for a nice nap.  I did manage to throw some pork in the crock pot, so dinner was a snap, and I was even motivated enough to iron my quilt blocks that I haven't worked on since the move *shame.*  Then I watched a movie, snuggled on the couch with my blankey, and maybe had a cookie or three before bed.

That pretty much brings us to Monday where I'm motivated enough to do a little more cleaning and, if I'm super lucky, take time to install an old game on my computer.  We'll see if The Man's old lappy can handle some Sims.  *evil grin*

2 comments:

MissKris said...

Ah, the Sims! I think my daughter has every game created about them. She's tried to get me interested but I dunno if it's techie dumbness or lack of interest on my part -- or a combo of both -- that leave me confused and frustrated with it, haha! SHE can play them for hours and hours on end. I hope the old lap top can handle it, too...sure takes a ton of memory, I know.

whit-o-roni said...

i have the sims 2 that i can no longer play if you want it!!